The California Contract Cities Association (CCCA) is a collection of member cities united for a common cause. Born in 1958, CCCA is the second largest local government advocacy association in California and serves 70 member cities representing more than 7 million residents. To learn more about the California Contract Cities Association, please visit contractcities.org.
The legislative analyst works in the CCCA Cerritos office and is an employee of ELI Strategy Group who is contracted to provide executive management services to the Association. The legislative analyst reports directly to the executive director. This is a salaried exempt position
with full benefits, including paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, health, vision and dental.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and policies established by local, county, and state
- Responsible for drafting executive summaries of legislation and policy impacting the membership of the California Contract Cities Association for distribution to elected officials.
- Conduct monthly Legislative Committee meetings and brief the Legislative Chair on issues that have a direct or indirect impact on CCCA member cities.
- Recommend specific actions to the Legislative Committee and will seek out support or
opposition to legislation, measures, or policy that is of interest to CCCA.
- Attend meetings as directed to gain insight into pending legislation.
- Advise the executive director of emerging issues that may impact CCCA member cities.
- Serve as an advocate for CCCA on the federal, state, regional and local levels of government
through coalition work, direct lobbying, and grass roots organizing.
- Develop issue messaging and communications strategy in coordination with the CCCA’s
marketing & communications committee.
- Contribute to the development of the CCCA’s external communications (website, newsletter, social media).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred (public policy a plus)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience in project management, policy analysis and issue development
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
- Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
- Demonstrated ability to work well with volunteers and staff at all levels
- Annual salary $45k – $55k, DOE
Email resumes and cover letters to Marcel Rodarte, Executive Director,